General Information About Completing a Rental Application
- Positive picture ID will be requested at the time you submit your application for processing
- Each person over the age of 18 years who intends to reside in the subject dwelling unit must submit a separate Rental Application
- Each applicant applying as ‘roommates’ or ‘married couple’, must qualify solely and individually in regards to the following: credit, criminal and rental history. Income verification as stated below will be considered as a household qualification.
- No more than 3 unrelated adults in any property regardless number of BRs
- Application must be completely filled out and signed and/or electronically submitted
- Application Fees must be paid prior to processing the rental application
- $45/per adult (anyone over 18 must apply)
- The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- This covers the cost of processing your application and obtaining your credit report Applicant acknowledges and accepts that Real-Time Leasing represents the owner of the property for which applicant is applying
*All applications are subject for approval by the owner and may be denied by the owner of the property for reasons not listed.
- Application processing time
- Management makes every effort to process applications within 24 to 48 business hours of receipt (pursuant to applicant providing all necessary paperwork - ID, RVF, proof of income)
- The processing of an application can take several days if we do not receive a response from previous/present landlords, employers and other references
- Management will make a reasonable attempt to contact previous and present
landlord(s) submitted by Applicant; however, the ultimate responsibility for
supplying this information to Management lies with the Applicant
- NOTE: Management reserves the right to deny tenancy on the basis of an inability to contact the references provided
We will keep you updated on the progress of your application. You are always welcome to check on the status of your application if you have not received a response within 48 business hours of submission.
- Some properties are in high demand! In some cases, there may already be applications submitted at the time you submit your application. We cannot guarantee any unit, although it may be available at the time your application is submitted. Units are rented to the first approved applicant with the full security deposit paid. A security deposit will not be accepted until the rental application is approved.
- Credit score
- Identity verification
- Public record search
- Criminal history
- Rent-to-income verification
- Eviction records
- Employment verification
- Rental history
Yes, credit scores are important to us, but we are more interested in the things that created the credit score than the score itself. A less than desirable credit score may be off-set by great rental history and solid income.
- 650-800 = Standard Approval*
- 600-649 = Conditional Approval* (typically requires double-deposit)
- 530-599 = Possible Denial (If approved, double deposit will be required)
- Below 530 = Credit scores below 530 will not be approved, even with a double deposit
Public Record Search
Real-Time Leasing may run a public record search through the Minnesota Judicial Branch website. Real-Time Leasing will utilize your first/last name and date of birth to access any criminal or judgment records. Any convicted crimes that appear on this document may be used as a determining factor in your acceptance or denial. For additional information, please see criminal history criteria in the next section.
Residency may be denied due to a criminal record; please see criminal criteria below:
- Automatic Denial of Tenancy For Convicted Crimes Within the Past Seven Years
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder
- Harassment or stalking
- Simple or aggravated robbery
- Terrorist threats
- Felony controlled substance
- Felony burglary/theft
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree sexual assault or misconduct
- 2nd degree manslaughter
- 1st and 2nd degree assault
- In possession of a controlled substance or intent to distribute a controlled substance
- At attempt to commit one of the above stated crimes
- Any Misdemeanor may be subject to Denial
- Type of charge and date of conviction may affect the decision
- Proof of resolution may also be required
- Any Felony conviction less than 7 years from release will be denied
- Per Federal regulation, drug and alcohol use felonies may be acceptable with proper documentation
- Regardless of conviction date, no applicant with a felony conviction for any of the following will be accepted
- Acts of violence
- Sex crimes
- Illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs
Your NET monthly income must be a minimum of 2.5 times the monthly rent. You will be required to provide proof of income whether you are employed by a 3rd party, or self-employed.
**If an applicant has a current mortgage on his or her credit report, applicant must make 2.5x’s the rent (net income) PLUS enough to cover their mortgage. Applicant will also be required to provide closing documents to show that their current home (with mortgage showing up on credit report) has been sold OR a lease with a current tenant showing the home is leased for a period of twelve(12) months or more.
If you are self-employed, you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- bank statements
- tax returns
- copies of your last 3 pay stubs
- tax returns (if applicable)
You will need to provide a rental reference which confirms a minimum of 1 year or more of valid, verifiable rental history from a third-party landlord. If you have rental history shorter than 12 months a double deposit may be required. If your rental history includes: late payments, eviction(s), excessive lease violations, excessive property damage, unauthorized tenants/pets, pest infestations due to tenant negligence, improper notice to vacate, three or more late notices within a 12-month period, noise or nuisance violations, two or more NSF charges, or outstanding balance owed, you will not be approved for a lease at Real-Time Leasing.
A single or combined occurrence of the following will more than likely NOT allow me to rent from Real-Time Leasing
- Any felony offense or conviction which has taken place within the last seven (7) years
- Any of the following types of felony convictions
- Acts of violence
- Sex crimes
- Illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs.
- Any collection filed by a property management company or landlord
- Unlawful detainer action/eviction within the past two(2) years
- Balance owing to a current or past landlord
- Extreme negative and adverse rental history
- Documented complaints and/or damages
- Multiple late payments or notices to pay or vacate
- Statement by landlord, such as "WOULD NOT RE-RENT"
- Failure to cooperate with housing assistance program requirements while receiving benefits
- Unverifiable social security number or proof of legal residency in United States, or falsification of either
- Falsification of rental application (including non-disclosure of criminal records)
- Collection filings caused by breaking a lease agreement
- Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report of more than $100 but less than $1000 may be accepted with proper explanation and proof
- Excessive balances sent to collections may result in denial
- Outstanding debt to a property management company or previous/current landlord may result in denial
- Any applicant with a bankruptcy not showing as discharged will be denied until proof is provided
- After a bankruptcy has been discharged, applicant may be required to show six (6) months of positive established credit