We understand that move-ins and move-outs are stressful, and we want to make the experience as smooth as possible. Wondering when and where to sign your lease? Not sure how to go about picking up your keys? Unsure what to do if you choose not to renew when your lease is up? Our staff will be more than happy to go over the details with you. For an overview of our move-in and move-out processes, see the outlines below.
- Once deposit has been received, lease will be sent to tenants via email.
- When lease is signed, Property Manager will schedule a move-in appointment at our office.
- First month’s rent and/or prorated rent amounts are due at the time of move-in.
- Tenant will receive set(s) of keys, a move-in packet with relative information, and a move-in condition report at designated move-in time.
- Tenant has 48 hours after move-in to return the completed move-in report to our office.
- If any issues are noted with the property condition (e.g. cleaning needed), tenant must notify Property Manager immediately and report the issue. If tenants choose to resolve the issue on their own, Real-Time Leasing is not responsible for rectifying the issue, and the issue will be marked as resolved.
- All required utilities (as detailed in the lease) must be changed over into the tenant’s name within 72 hours of move-in, or a minimum $50.00 lease violation fee will be charged to the tenant’s account.
- Prior to vacating, tenant is required to give a 60-day written notice that they will be vacating (two full months prior to lease end date).
- Tenant must schedule a move-out appointment with Property Manager at least 24 hours prior to move-out.
- Move-out appointments are to occur at our office no later than 12:00 pm on the last day of the lease.
- Tenants are to return the property in the following condition:
- Property should be returned to its original condition
- Interior to be cleaned as per our guidelines. Click HERE to view list of guidelines/suggestions
- Carpets should be professionally cleaned and a receipt provided to Property Manager at the designated move-out appointment.
- Tenant’s security deposit is applied to charges in the following order:
- Property damage beyond normal wear and tear
- Any necessary interior cleaning/carpet cleaning
- Any outstanding tenant balance (if applicable)
- Tenant’s security deposit will be returned—as per MN statute—within 21 days of move-out.
- Any remaining balance owed is the tenant’s responsibility and is to be paid within 30 days of tenant receiving statement of security deposit liquidation. Unpaid balances after 30 days will be submitted to collections.